The Shroud of God's Mother
The Resilovo monastery “The Shroud of God’s Mother” is situated in the northwestern slopes of the Rila Mountain, about 1.5km away from the village of Resilovo. Its imposing buildings can be seen already from the main road between the town of Dupnitsa and the spa resort of Sapareva Banya.
The Resilovo monastery was established in 1932. It was renovated and expanded in 1995, while construction works still continue in some parts of the monastery (July 2007). The monastery functions as a nunnery, and consists of a church, residential and farm buildings. The church is currently undergoing repair works and visitors are allowed to enter only the narthex. The church’s holiday is marked on 1 October. Just before the main entrance to the monastery, one can see to the right its holy spring and a chapel dedicated to the Holy Spirit that offer ideal conditions for a picnic.
Neither food nor accommodation is offered.
The monastery is reached down an asphalt road that starts from the main road between the town of Dupnitsa and the spa resort of Sapareva Banya. The road is signed and starts about 6km after Dupnitsa and right after the village of Resilovo to the right. It takes about 1.5km down this small road to get straight to the monastery.